Offering a Full Range of Services for All Types of Water Heaters
You depend on your water heater to provide your family with a reliable source of hot water for everything from cooking to cleaning to bathing. When your water heater is working properly, you likely don’t give it a second thought—but when something goes wrong, or your water heater can no longer keep up with demands, it’s important that you reach out to a professional plumber who can help with water heater repairs or replacement.
Since 1921, Robison has been the trusted name for quality water heater services in Westchester and Putnam Counties. Our highly trained service technicians are experienced with all types of water heaters, including new, state-of-the-art models designed to maximize energy efficiency and convenience. Whether you need new water heater installation, immediate water heater repairs, or complete system replacement, you can count on Robison. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you solve problems quickly and with minimal disruption.
What is a Water Heater?
A water heater is a device that is used to heat water for various purposes, such as bathing, cooking, and cleaning. It consists of a tank or a reservoir that holds the water and a heating element that raises the temperature of the water to the desired level.
Here are some common types of water heaters:
- Storage Tank Water Heater: This is the most common type of water heater. It consists of a large tank that stores and heats a specific amount of water. The heated water is then available for use throughout the day.
- Tankless Water Heater: Also known as on-demand or instantaneous water heaters, these units heat the water directly as it flows through the device, without the need for a storage tank. They provide hot water instantly and are energy-efficient since they only heat water when needed.
- Heat Pump Water Heater: This type of water heater uses electricity to move heat from the air or ground to heat the water. It is more energy-efficient than a traditional electric water heater because it transfers heat instead of generating it.
- Solar Water Heater: Solar water heaters utilize sunlight to heat the water. They consist of solar collectors that absorb the sun's heat and transfer it to the water. These systems can be an excellent option for those looking to reduce their carbon footprint and save on energy costs.
- Condensing Water Heater: This type of water heater is designed to extract heat from the flue gases to preheat cold water entering the unit. By capturing and utilizing waste heat, condensing water heaters achieve higher energy efficiency compared to conventional models.
It's worth noting that each type of water heater has its own advantages and considerations, so it's important to choose the one that best suits your needs and circumstances.
Types of Water Heater Services We Handle
At Robison, we handle a full range of water heater services in Westchester and Putnam Counties. Our experienced technicians are equipped to install and service all types of water heaters, including traditional tank models, as well as tankless water heaters.
Our water heater services include:
- New water heater installation: Our skilled technicians specialize in installing various types of water heaters, including storage tank water heaters, tankless water heaters, heat pump water heaters, solar water heaters, and more. We ensure proper installation, considering safety regulations and efficient operation.
- Water heater replacement: When your existing water heater is no longer functioning optimally or requires frequent repairs, we can assist you in selecting a suitable replacement unit. Our team will efficiently remove the old water heater and install the new one, ensuring a smooth transition.
- Water heater repairs: If your water heater is experiencing issues such as leaks, insufficient hot water, strange noises, or pilot light problems, our team can diagnose the problem and provide reliable repair services. We have expertise in fixing common water heater components like dip tubes, burners, heating elements, thermostats, pressure relief valves, and more.
- Emergency repairs: We understand that water heater emergencies can occur at any time. That's why we offer 24/7 emergency repair services to address urgent issues promptly. Whether it's a major leak or a complete lack of hot water, you can rely on our experienced team to resolve the problem quickly and efficiently.
- Routine maintenance: Regular maintenance is crucial to keep your water heater operating optimally and extend its lifespan. Our plumbers can perform routine maintenance tasks such as flushing the tank, inspecting the anode rod, checking for sediment buildup, and ensuring all components are functioning correctly. By scheduling regular maintenance with us, you can prevent potential issues and improve the efficiency of your water heater.
We work on all major makes and models from GE, A.O., Smith, Rheem, and more. Our technicians arrive onsite with the tools and equipment needed to resolve nearly any water heater issue you may have. They will conduct a thorough inspection, identify the problem, and thoroughly explain their findings to you. Then, they will provide personalized recommendations based on those findings. They will also go over the cost of service before you agree to any repairs so that you know what to expect.
Our goal is to help you get the most out of your plumbing system with top-quality services and state-of-the-art products from industry-leading brands. We can walk you through all your options and ensure that you have everything you need to make an informed choice when it comes to repairing or replacing your water heater.
There are several fairly common signs that you may need water heater repairs, including:
- Lack of hot water
- Not enough hot water
- Very poor water pressure
- Rust-colored water coming from your faucets
- Unusual noises, including rumbling or popping sounds and high-pitched whining
- Unpleasant odors, including a rotten-egg smell
- Water leaking or pooled at or near the base of the water heater
- Fluctuating water temperatures
- Hot water that runs out faster than usual
If you are noticing any of these or other issues with your water heater, reach out to the team at Robison for reliable water heater service in Westchester or Putnam County. We are available 24/7 to assist you.
When to Repair or Replace Your Water Heater
While many water heater issues can be effectively addressed with professional water heater repairs, some problems signify larger issues that may necessitate replacement.
When considering whether to repair or replace your water heater, here are some things to keep in mind:
- The Age of Your Water Heater: Generally speaking, most traditional gas water heaters are designed to last about 10 years. Tankless water heaters, on the other hand, can last upward of 20 years or more. If your water heater is near the end of its typical lifespan, and you are experiencing a lot of issues that require frequent repairs, it might be time to consider replacing your water heater altogether.
- The Frequency and Cost of Repairs: If your water heater breaks down a lot, or if it has a major issue that costs about half the price or more of buying and installing a new water heater, it might benefit you to replace the water heater altogether, rather than continue paying for repairs. A new water heater will also likely last a long time and have fewer issues, thereby not only saving you money but also considerable stress and hassle in the long run.
- Higher Than Usual Energy Bills: Higher than usual energy bills could indicate that your water heater is no longer as efficient as it once was. The same is true if you have to turn faucets higher to get hot water, or if you are not getting much hot water at all. When this starts to happen, you could schedule water heater repairs—but if your water heater is old and/or breaks down often, you may benefit more from replacing it.
If your water heater is not performing as well as it should, our experts at Robison can help determine whether you should consider replacing it with a newer, more energy-efficient model. We can help you look at all your options and weigh the costs and benefits of each so that you can feel confident moving forward with your service.
For over 100 years, we have been the area’s trusted choice for home comfort solutions. Our experienced plumbing technicians can help you with all your hot water heater needs, from new installations to comprehensive repairs, replacement, and even routine maintenance. We offer free estimates and payment plans for qualifying customers.