Fall hasn’t yet arrived here in Westchester and Putnam Counties, but the time is right to be thinking about the winter months when having a warm home will be a top priority.
Another priority may be meeting those larger expenses associated with having heating oil delivered just when you need it most. As we’ve seen over the past year, there can be significant swings in heating oil prices in the current market. Rather than having fewer large bills facing you during the holidays and winter months, sign up for a heating oil budget plan through Robison – and spread the cost of your oil bill into 10 or 12 smaller payments throughout the year. This way, your bills are fairly even and there are no big, unexpected bills waiting to sneak up on you.
It Pays to Partner With Robison
Heating oil budget plans are best for customers who utilize the same company all year long. At Robison, our proven track record of being Westchester and Putnam’s full-service home comfort company for 100 years has earned us a reputation for excellence. Loyal customers know that our professionals are on hand to maintain their home systems for peak efficiency, reliability, and cost-effectiveness. By signing up for the Robison heating oil budget plan, you won’t have to put time and effort into shopping around for an oil company you may not be familiar with, you’re less likely to be hit with “surprise” bills and service charges, and you eliminate the risk of running out heating oil when it’s cold outside. Robison has you covered!
How Does a Heating Oil Budget Plan Work?
- Establishing your monthly payment: Robison will determine what we feel will be a fair average price per gallon for the coming winter; Oil prices are determined based on the market
- Next, we consider your average consumption: If you are new to the Robison family, we may need to make a couple of deliveries before we can ascertain your average consumption.
- Determine the estimated total cost for the season: Total cost is determined by establishing the average price per gallon and your anticipated consumption for the season. Most budget plans call for 10 monthly payments, so we will simply divide the total cost estimate by 10 to get your monthly budget payment. You begin paying monthly into your budget account.
- Oil is delivered automatically, and the exact amount delivered is charged to your budget account: Although we use an average price estimate to determine your budget plan total cost estimate, you will typically be charged the price of the day when the actual oil is delivered.
- Budget plans are subject to review: This is needed to see how accurate your payments are — whether you’re paying too much or not enough. We will then adjust your budget payment accordingly or will offer a credit toward oil. As a general rule, dealers usually set higher budget plan payment amounts to provide a little cushion in the event of a price spike or colder weather conditions. This way, you will not be expected to raise your monthly payment or pay a high end-of-season balance.
When Is the Best Time to Sign Up for a Heating Oil Budget Plan?
Budget plans are seasonal and most dealers – including Robison – strongly suggest you sign up by September. Statistics show that 80 percent of annual heating oil expenses are incurred from October through April. So if the winter season has begun, you may need to pay a large initial payment in order to catch up.
Heating oil budget plans are a good fit for most customers because they provide predictability and control over your budget. At Robison, we offer quality and timely heating oil delivery and service, with guaranteed competitive prices and a budget plan to keep your monthly charges manageable. Call Robison today at (914) 730-5287!