The digital age and its related technologies have upended many of the traditional ways of doing things. Witness the proliferation of smartphones, smart TVs, smart lighting— and even smart thermostats. Home automation is here and more and more homeowners in Westchester and Putnam are jumping on the bandwagon.
Home automation is exactly what it sounds like: automating the ability to control items around the house with a simple push of a button or voice command. Smart Thermostats, such as the Honeywell 6000, Google Nest, and Ecobee, work with your HVAC system and other smart home hubs, to learn your routines and preferences. They integrate with your smartphone and offer the latest sensor technology, enabling you to control the temperature of your home — even when you are not home! Learn more about these Smart Thermostats and others in this recent article on CNN.
If you are considering a thermostat replacement, a Smart Thermostat is the way to go. Here’s why:
- Gives you “remote” control: One of the biggest benefits of a smart thermostat is that you can adjust temperatures and change its programming from anywhere. Whether you have one home or multiple residences around the country, smart thermostats let you control the temperature in all of them quickly and easily.
- Save energy: More precise control of your thermostat will result in more energy savings for you. Smart thermostat apps can also help you maximize savings by sending you tips on how to conserve energy and by giving incentives for making energy-efficient choices.
- Corrects errors and time away: You’re busy and have many things to do. So you may forget to make adjustments to the thermostat before you leave the house for the day. Forgive yourself! Simply use your smart thermostat app to adjust the settings to your preference. And if you’ll be leaving the house for an extended period of time, you can set it to a particular temperature when you are gone without interfering with the regular programming for your normal schedule.
- Easy programming: The smart thermostat app is designed to be intuitive, making programming and adjustments a breeze.
- Records usage trends: A smart thermostat delivers usage reports so you can view your home’s short-term and long-term energy consumption. You can also compare it to past reports to see how your energy efficiency is improving.
- Lets you know if there’s a problem: If your system is not working as it should —for example, the thermostat disconnects for some reason, or the temperature in your home is not staying in the programmed range — you’ll get immediate alerts through your email.
Robison: The Smart Choice for Installing Your Smart Thermostat
If you’re ready to experience the many benefits a smart thermostat can offer, call the experienced professionals at Robison. Learn more about Smart Thermostat installation or contact us today at (914) 730-5287 to have a Robison rep evaluate which model is best for your home. Get an extended 5- year warranty when installed by Robison!