It may be the end of February, but let’s not forget the old saying: “March comes in like a lion.” In other words, we’re not out of the woods yet when it comes to cold winter temps. Making sure your home stays cozy and warm should still be a top priority, for this winter and those that follow – and that makes choosing the right oil delivery company an equally important priority.
Options abound here in Westchester and Putnam counties, and the question becomes: how do you choose the company that’s right for you? Robison will help you lay the groundwork, by providing you with important information to take into account before you commit:
Are There Different Types of Heating Oil Companies?
The answer is yes – and they fall into two general categories:
- Full-service: A full-service company, such as Robison, sells fuel and offers a wide array of services. Companies like ours offer automatic delivery, 24-hour emergency service, budget plans, fuel tank and equipment maintenance, service plans, and even new equipment installation.
- Discount: Unlike their full-service counterparts, these types of companies do not offer any services except delivering oil to customers around the on a “cash on delivery” basis.
What Should I Look For in a Heating Oil Company?
- A successful track record. Check out the company’s website and social media; read their “About Us” page to get greater insight into its core values, standards, and services offered. As important, read customer reviews and testimonials on Google and Yelp, etc. that can attest to their level of professionalism and service.
- Responsiveness. Always remember that your heating and cooling equipment works around the clock to keep your home comfortable, and so should your heating oil and service company. Some companies close down before the end of the day, while others are on-call 24/7, such as Robison.
- Skilled & licensed technicians: Before choosing an HVAC and heating oil company, make sure the technicians are licensed — meaning that they have the formal training to be working on your system and take all of the necessary safety precautions during the process. At Robison, our licensed technicians are ready to serve you at a moment’s notice. We are a one-stop shop for your home comfort needs – HVAC, fuel, indoor air quality, and more.
- Automatic delivery. A company that offers automatic oil delivery gives homeowners peace of mind. At Robison, we can monitor the oil level of your tank and we’ll deliver a fresh supply of heating oil straight to your home. Our fleet of GPS-equipped trucks and our satellite-enhanced automatic dispatch system allows us to maximize the efficiency of our heating oil delivery services.
- The personal touch. Most fuel oil companies are either family-owned or conglomerates. A family-owned company, like Robison, is part of the community and therefore has the ability to better connect with its customers. At Robison, we pride ourselves on offering impeccable customer service, making it easy for you to get in touch with us should you have any concerns. In larger, more impersonal conglomerates service and accessibility may be more difficult to attain.
For all your HVAC and heating oil needs, trust in Robison! As we just celebrated our 100th anniversary, we’re a family-owned company with certified technicians that are ready to keep all your home systems in peak working order. For more information on our services, contact us by calling (914) 345-5700 today!