Summer Home Maintenance Checklist: Your Home Will Thank You!
Summer is just about here! If you’re like many homeowners in Westchester and Putnam, you’ll be opening your door and stepping out, ready to enjoy all the fun the season brings. But don’t forget the ol’ homestead! Summer is also a time to take a good look at your house inside and out, to determine what needs repairs or upgrades.
Robison, the leading home comfort company serving Westchester and Putnam, is here to guide you, with a list of things to do and what to inspect for signs of trouble. By catching potential problems early, you can avoid their turning into bigger ones down the road.
- Repair and repaint any chipped, cracking, or faded exterior paint to protect your home from the elements.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts, as summer storms and high winds can cause debris to fall into the gutters.
- Wash windows to make your home more attractive and to bring in
- Inspect the foundation for cracks or leaks that can create an entry point for groundwater and can lead to serious flooding.
- Power wash siding, bricks, porch and deck to get rid of any dust, dirt, or mold. Hint: be gentle, power washing can remove paint, stain and
- Inspect the porch and deck: Look to see if there are any boards that are rotting and have them replaced. If there is bubbling and cracks in the sealant, it’s time to get the deck resealed.
- Check windows for leaks and re-caulk seals on doors and windows to help increase your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clean the dryer vent and exhaust duct to help prevent a house fire.
- Clean garbage disposal to help avoid costly plumbing repairs down the road.
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors: Do a test and replace batteries if needed.
- Have A/C checked and serviced: Helps extend the life of your A/C unit and reduce the need for costly repairs. For window A/C units, clean off the filters before using them.
- Remove lint from inside and outside washer hoses and dryer vents.
- Clean refrigerator and freezer coils and empty and clean drip trays.
- Wash windows: you saw this on the Outside Checklist – don’t forget to wash the inside as well
Robison: your home efficiency experts
For over 100 years, Robison has earned the reputation of being Westchester and Putnam counties’ premier full-service home comfort company. Count on our team of professionals to expertly handle a wide range of repairs, installations and upgrades for your home. Free estimates on all jobs!
Take advantage of rebate incentives!
Now’s the time to get money-saving rebates from manufacturers and utilities on new, energy-efficient cooling and heating equipment. Other rebates are available as well. Call today for details: 914-425-5791.