Oil, propane, and gas — they’re all trusted sources of energy used to heat our homes. And now homeowners in Westchester and Putnam have yet another energy alternative to choose from, a heat pump!
What Is a Heat Pump?
A heat pump is part of a heating and cooling system and is installed outside your home. Like an air conditioner, it can cool your home, but it’s also capable of providing heat. In cooler months, a heat pump pulls heat from the cold outdoor air and transfers it indoors, and in warmer months, it pulls heat out of indoor air to cool your home. Heat pumps are powered by electricity rather than fossil fuels and transfer heat using a refrigerant to provide comfort all year round, making them an environmentally-friendly option. And because they handle both cooling and heating, there may not be a need to install separate systems to heat your home.
What Types of Heat Pumps Are There?
The two most common types of heat pumps are air-source and ground-source. Air-source heat pumps transfer heat between indoor air and outdoor air and is more popular for residential heating and cooling. Ground-source heat pumps (a.k.a. geothermal heat pumps), transfer heat between the air inside your home and the ground outside. These can be more expensive to install but are typically more efficient and have a lower operating cost due to the consistency of the ground temperature throughout the year.
Why Consider a Heat Pump?
- Improved indoor air quality. Because heat pumps run on electricity, they don’t expel carbon monoxide into the air, making your home’s air quality healthier.
- Efficient heating and cooling. Heat pumps are very energy efficient—they extract more energy than they consume by moving heat stored in the earth into or out of your home.
- Greater comfort control. Heat pumps provide whisper-quiet, even heating and cooling regardless of the season.
- Convenience and longevity. Heat pumps are durable and require minimal maintenance, so you can count on them to perform well for years to come.
Two Great Reasons to Trust Your Heat Pump Installation to Robison:
- Robison’s expertise: For over 100 years, Robison has been a trusted resource for home systems installations, repairs, and maintenance. Our professionals will expertly install your home’s heat pump to provide you with year-round comfortable living — that’s more efficient and more eco-friendly!
- Robison’s financing options: Call Robison today to learn more about our affordable heat pump financing options. We also offer attractive rebates that we will handle for you. You save on paperwork, and best of all, you’ll save on money. It’s a win/win!