Maybe it’s an incessant drip, drip, drip that won’t stop. Worse yet, gushing water that you didn’t initiate. Or a faucet that only runs discolored water – or no water at all. Homeowners in Westchester and Putnam rely on their home’s plumbing. But as with many things in life, things can go wrong, and you can be faced with an unexpected plumbing problem.
Whether your emergency is right before company is coming over for the holiday or just an average Wednesday, don’t worry – Robison has you covered, with emergency plumbing services that are available 24/7. Our experts are on call and have seen it all through the years. Here, we shed some light on some of the most common plumbing emergencies — and what to watch out for!
- Broken Water Heater: Certain noises coming from your water tank could warrant emergency plumbing service. For example, bubbling or dripping may indicate a leak in the main tank. Clanking or gurgling sounds can mean that mineral deposits have gathered within the tank. Other problems to note include water that has a strange color or odor.
- Burst Pipes: There are a host of reasons why pipes can burst — corrosion, accumulation of hard water, tree roots, and freezing weather — it can start small but lead to serious water damage throughout the house. Don’t delay getting it fixed.
- No Hot Water: No homeowner appreciates being left with no hot water — so essential for everything from cooking to bathing. A lack of hot water is often the result of a water heater leak, but there could be other issues as well, which is why a professional needs to be called.
- Blocked Toilets: Facemasks, paper towels, diapers, cat litter, and a host of other items mistakenly get flushed can cause pipes to clog — causing water to overflow and possibly rendering your toilet out of use. Be mindful of what you flush!
- Running Toilet: Faulty overflow valves, a broken flush valve, a cracked flapper seal, and a host of other malfunctions can cause your toilet to run constantly, draining your wallet with larger water bills. In fact, a constantly running toilet is one of the costliest plumbing emergencies you can have and needs professional attention right away.
- Leaking Faucets: Worn-out, loose, or broken parts can cause dripping faucets that you may consider minor or bothersome, but can in fact add up to a significant amount of water being wasted. Fix drips right away.
- Blocked Sink/Clogged Drains: Sinks and drains commonly get blocked because bits of food and other matter get stuck and cause a barrier that stops water from coming through. This leads to water overflowing — something to be avoided at all costs.
- Washing Machine Hose Leak: Dripping or pooling under your washing machine usually indicates a leak in the hose. Water damage can spread quickly from this particular leak so it’s important to have a professional assess the situation at the first sign of a problem.
- Sewer Backups: When a sewer backup occurs, it’s most often the result of a blockage somewhere, leading foul odors all around your home, along with leakages.
Robison to the Rescue!
With Robison’s emergency plumbing and drain cleaning services, count on us to take care of any problems that may arise. Call (914) 730-5287 to speak with one of our plumbing experts.