If you’re like many homeowners in Westchester and Putnam, you take pride in where you live and how you live. You may invest time and money towards improving your home’s aesthetic appeal and comfort features, but did you stop to consider the quality of your indoor air? Like any home project, your HVAC system needs regular maintenance to ensure that it’s working as it should be — and circulating clean air.
Robison, the area leader in home systems services, recommends a simple measure to improve your indoor air quality with UV lights installed inside your HVAC system. It has been over 100 years since the discovery of UV light’s sterilizing, germ-killing properties, which led to their widespread use in a variety of settings including hospitals, restaurants, medical and dental practices. From there, it was only a natural progression for UV light to be applied to improve indoor air quality.
What Are the Benefits of UV Light Installation for HVAC Systems?
- Completely sanitizes indoor spaces: UV lights remove bacteria, viruses, mold, and other dangerous contaminants from the air.
- Helps keep illness at bay: You and your family will have fewer instances of colds and flu.
- Eliminates odor-causing contaminants: UV lights help to dissipate bad smells that can permeate the house.
- Improved cooling and heating efficiency: Better airflow and performance of the HVAC system make it more efficient and reduce electricity costs.
HVAC Systems Can Utilize Two Types of UV Lights:
- Coil Sterilization: A “stick type” light and it’s installed in the return air duct, which sterilizes the air handler coil. The light runs 24/7 and is the most common option.
- Air Sterilization: A complete UV light unit that works to sterilize moving air. The unit is installed in the return air duct. Unlike the coil option, this cycles on with the air handler blower.
Robison Is Your Go-to Source for Optimizing Your Indoor Air Quality
Call Robison’s Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) team to schedule an installation of UV Germicidal Light in your HVAC system. It will help keep the AC coil sanitized, killing harmful microorganisms so that they cannot grow and spread through your home.
Then for even more assurance, we recommend the iWave-R air-purifying device for your HVAC system. When air passes over the iWave, ions produced by the device reduce airborne pathogens, smoke, and odors, creating a healthy environment without producing any harmful by-products. It’s easy to install, requires no maintenance, and is long-lasting.
To learn more about UV Germicidal Light and the iWave-R air purification solutions, call Robison today at (914) 345-5700.