We do it all the time… from the cars we drive, to the homes we live in, to the technology that keeps us connected. Upgrades! It’s the process of replacing something good, with something better. One important upgrade that homeowners in Westchester and Putnam should do, but sometimes overlook, is their HVAC system.
At Robison, your home comfort is priority one with us. We want to make sure your HVAC system is performing in the most efficient way possible for the hot weather ahead. The Department of Energy recommends homeowners replace their HVAC system every 10 to 15 years. An investment in an upgrade offers a host of benefits — and can save you thousands in repair bills in the years to come.
Let’s take a closer look:
- Comfort control: With an upgraded HVAC system, you can program it to adjust the temperature automatically. Multiple thermostats mean customized temperature settings by room. And, once a room reaches the desired temperature, the unit will idle, saving electricity and ultimately — money.
- Increased safety for your home and family: Old HVAC systems run less and less optimally as the years tick on, which can lead to low-quality air, mold, mildew, inadequate temperatures, or exposure to dangerous system components. The latest HVAC systems have new filtration features, which help keep pollutants out of your home. In addition, the variable speed motors help ensure constant, quality airflow.
- Lower electric bills: One of the most significant ways that your upgraded HVAC system can save you money is through reduced energy bills. An energy-efficient system will perform much better than an older model, requiring much less energy to produce the same heating and cooling effects as an older model.
- Fewer service calls: Let’s face it: older units need more upkeep. Things tend to break down on a more frequent basis, requiring repairs and servicing that can truly add up over the years. A new HVAC system, with all parts running efficiently, will save you those unexpected expenses.
- Increased property value: HVAC units can play a big part in whether a prospective buyer will buy your home. They may see that your old HVAC unit will likely have to be replaced, which could be a deal breaker in many cases. If you are thinking of selling your home in the next few years, an upgraded HVAC system can increase your property value and make your home more desirable to potential buyers.
- Programmable thermostats: A programmable thermostat works to ensure that your systems are not overused, thus saving you money. With an upgraded HVAC system, you can program the thermostat to remain at a temperature that limits energy consumption while you’re not home, and then adjust accordingly based on the time you set. Today, programmable thermostats can also be operated via WiFi, so you can easily make adjustments from your smartphone.
- Much less noise: Is there a lot of noise coming from your current HVAC system? An upgrade is guaranteed to turn down the volume. New systems have high-tech sound-absorbing materials to keep noise to a minimum.
- Reduced carbon footprint: New HVAC systems are better for the environment. That’s because they use about half as much fuel compared to older models. That makes your new system more environmentally friendly by producing less waste and saving you money in the long run.
Leave It to the Robison Pros!
HVAC installation is a job best handled by a licensed, insured contractor. When it comes to home systems, Robison has built a reputation of excellence in Westchester and Putnam that spans 100 years. Count on our highly trained technicians to install and service your HVAC system to ensure it runs smoothly for years to come. Full parts and labor warranty available for new installations. Ask about our financing and rebate options on all HVAC systems. For more information call us at (914) 730-5287 today!