When it comes to efficient comfort control for your home, the power is at your fingertips with a programmable thermostat. Savvy homeowners in Westchester and Putnam appreciate this type of advanced thermostat, where they can set specific temperatures for various times and events — and save energy as a result!
Maximizing how much you save requires proper installation and setup by a Robison professional and proper usage. A good ratio to remember is that for every 1°F you turn down your thermostat, you’ll use 1% less energy. ENERGY STAR estimates that homeowners properly using programmable thermostats can save about $180 a year.
What Are the Benefits of a Programmable Thermostat?
- Lower energy bills: Programmable thermostats let users set their heating and cooling around daily schedules. As an example, you can turn off the heating and cooling when nobody will be home. Careful programming can help you cut down on how much you spend.
- Fewer manual adjustments: Programmable thermostats can be programmed to heat/cool areas at certain times of the day you specify. This means you don’t have to get up whenever readjust it. You can simply tell it beforehand when you want it to turn on, turn off, or change the temperature.
- Better “zone” control: The ability to set the thermostats beforehand can help you automatically adjust your home’s temperature based on daily occupancy patterns. This can help you avoid wasting money on running the HVAC in an empty room.
- Less stress on your HVAC: You can extend your old HVAC’s lifespan by carefully programming it and decreasing the amount of time it needlessly runs. If you opt for a new HVAC, the thermostat can be paired with the new system to make it more efficient.
- Convenient add-ons: Some of the programmable thermostats have such advanced features as Wi-Fi capability and the ability to take weather patterns into account when adjusting the temperature. Others let you sync a mobile device to your thermostat so you can change the temperature while out of the house.
Robison Has Your Comfort…Covered!
The only way to control your heating systems properly, and protect against unnecessary equipment wear and energy costs, is by using a thermostat. With a Trane Programmable Thermostat installed by a Robison technician, you can achieve the very best in comfort, efficiency, and convenience! To learn more call (914) 730-5287.