If spring is here, can spring cleaning be far behind? Many homeowners in Westchester and Putnam Counties are busy getting their places in shape after a long, cold winter. But along with the typical cleaning tasks on the “to-do” list, one of the most important to consider is air duct cleaning.
At Robison, safe and comfortable home living is our number one priority. Now’s the time to check your air ducts and if they look dusty and in need of attention, our specialists are on hand to deliver professional cleaning services to restore them to maximum functionality. We’re committed to making your home’s indoor air quality the best it can be!
Over the winter, dry air causes dust and dander to build up in your home’s ventilation system. Once the warmer months come around, and you start your central air conditioning, the contaminants within the ducts become airborne throughout your home — greatly compromising air quality and leading to potential health and breathing problems for you and your family. In addition to maintaining good air quality in your home, regular dusting and vacuuming will be minimized because your vents will no longer be pushing that build-up throughout your home.
What Are Some Signs That I Need Air Duct Cleaning?
- If mold growth is visible inside the air ducts or your heating and cooling system
- If you or members of your family are showing signs of respiratory problems inside the house
- When infested with rodents or insects
- As a general rule, have your air ducts cleaned every three to five years
Cleaning your ducts every three to five years will keep them working properly and avoid unnecessary wear and tear. Regular maintenance of your air ducts will keep them working properly over longer periods of time, and save you potential costly repairs in the future.
What Is Involved in Cleaning Air Ducts?
- A Robison professional will inspect your ducts to determine the extent of cleaning that is needed.
- They will also look for any cracks or leaks that may cause issues during cleaning.
- Brushes are inserted into the ductwork to clean the inside of the pipes, knocking dust and debris loose, so they can be vacuumed out.
- An anti-microbial spray is applied that eliminates and repels bacteria, mildew, and fungi that can appear in air ducts and inside air conditioning parts like coils, fans/blowers, and drip pans.
- Finally, a UV Germicidal Light is installed in the HVAC system, to help to keep it sanitized. Using maximum-intensity ultraviolet light, they damage the cell structure of microorganisms, preventing them from growing and spreading throughout your home.
In business for 100 years, Robison has built a reputation for excellence in Westchester and Putnam for providing superior home systems services. When it comes to air duct cleaning, we follow every protocol and regulation to ensure each job is completed with 100% customer satisfaction. To schedule an appointment or to learn more, call (914) 345-5700 today!