Six Ways to Save on Energy Costs as Prices Rise
The COVID pandemic has done much to impact the health and well-being of millions, and now its effects can also be felt in other areas — by nationwide supply chain issues that manifest as empty shelves in supermarkets as well as a global energy crunch that is sending energy prices upward including right here, in Westchester and Putnam.
At Robison, we want to help prepare our customers for the sticker shock they may feel when it comes to heating their homes this winter. Because of too little supply and too much demand, heating fuels such oil, natural gas, propane and kerosene will all see a significant uptick in prices. The good news is that there are things you can do to make your home more efficient and save money. Here’s what Robison recommends:
- Install energy-efficient equipment including tankless water heaters, smart thermostats, and whole-home dehumidifiers. They operate more efficiently, reducing energy waste and saving you money on your home energy bills.
- Schedule Equipment tune-ups: regular tune-ups can help you maintain your equipment for years, saving big on any issues or malfunctions down the road.
- Make sure your windows and doors are properly sealed: When doors and windows are properly sealed, heat and cold are kept inside during the winter and summer months. Improper sealing poses a risk of drafts, and ultimately makes it more difficult for heating and cooling systems to regulate temperature.
- Insulate your home: According to the U.S. Department of Energy, heating and cooling account for 50-70% of an average home’s total energy usage. Poor insulation can cause major air leakage, making your home less comfortable, amounting to unnecessarily throwing money out the window every month. Good insulation in the home can save you money while creating a comfortable, healthy, and energy-efficient living environment for you and your family.
- Program your thermostat: It’s more convenient than manually adjusting temperatures multiple times per day. Properly programmed, the device will maintain the most energy-efficient temperature settings automatically.
- Schedule a free home energy audit: A home energy audit by Robison can help determine areas of your home where there is energy loss, and identify where power usage may be curbed to earn savings. The process involves conducting a walk-through or a visual inspection of your home, and utilizing testing equipment to identify problems and analyze energy flow.
Robison: Your energy-saving, money-saving resource
Robison will help make your home’s energy systems as efficient as they can be, helping you to save money against rising energy costs. We also offer great price protection plans that can save you even more:
Pre-Buy/ Pre-Paid Price Program: Allows you to purchase your anticipated oil supply in advance at a discounted price.
Fixed Price Program: Protects you from rising prices by locking you into a rate per gallon for 12 months.
Six and Nine-Month Price Cap Protection Plans: Places a cap on your heating oil price that protects you from price spikes, but still gives you the benefit of any price drops in heating oil prices.
Cost Management Program/Budget Plan: Robison can split your costs for fuel equally over the coming months, so you don’t end up with one large bill. Learn more about our heating oil budget plans.
Contact us for details on these oil pricing options and how Robison can help you save on energy costs. Phone us at 914-345-5700 or get in touch online.
See the News12 Interview with Dan Singer
News 12 Westchester‘s Antoinette Biordi recently spoke with our CEO and President, Dan Singer, regarding the recent surge in heating oil & natural gas pricing and how Robison can help ease the sticker shock during this winter season. Take a look!