A Spring HVAC Maintenance Checklist for a Smooth Running System
Spring and fall in Westchester and Putnam Counties are great times to give your HVAC system the once-over. Let’s face it: a system that is well functioning sets the foundation for comfortable living all year long. Regular checkups help identify potential problems before they become major ones.
Robison is your trusted source for everything related to home comfort quality, with complete HVAC services to homeowners in Westchester and Putnam. Count on us to expertly install and maintain your heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Leave it to the pros for these important checks
- Thermostat operations: We check that they’re configured correctly for maximum efficiency.
- Condensate drain lines: We check to make sure they’re clear and unobstructed. A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Clean AC coils. We check to ensure your AC coils are clean and functioning properly. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool your home, increase energy costs and reduce the life of the equipment.
- AC refrigerant levels: We check on how much refrigerant you have, and adjust it if necessary.
- Blower components. We clean & adjust them to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort.
- Gas connections. We check to ensure all gas connections, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchangers are secure and work properly —avoiding potential fire hazards.
- Electrical connections: We check voltage and current on motors.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Ductwork: We check to make sure all ducts are unobstructed.
- Refrigerator coils: We vacuum the coils to remove dust.
What you can do to help maintain your HVAC system
You can do your part to help ensure your HVAC system runs smoothly throughout the year. Most importantly, routinely clean and change filters – at least every 90 days – to help keep the air conditioning working well, and make your unit up to 5% more energy efficient. Cleaning air supply grills will also increase the efficiency of your system.
Robison: The house the service built
Robison is your trusted source for everything HVAC related. Whether you need to install a new air conditioner, a new furnace, or need your existing HVAC system serviced or repaired, Robison has been the trusted go-to source for homeowners in Westchester and Putnam counties for 100 years. Contact us today to learn more: www.robisonoil.com/services/hvac or call us at 914-345-5700.