Join Us For Bicycle Sunday On The Bronx River Parkway!
Bicycle Sundays are a beloved Westchester tradition since 1974. Over 60,000 participants each year bike, walk, and jog a 13.1 mile loop of the Bronx River Parkway from White Plains to Yonkers.
For over 40 years, since community leaders recognized the importance of environmental preservation and promotion of a healthy, fit lifestyle, people have gathered on Sundays in May, June, and September to join the traffic-free route. Robison is proud to support Westchester Parks Foundation in being a part of an event that so many residents of Westchester County, and beyond, look forward to each year.
Since 2012, this program has been funded solely by Westchester Parks Foundation and their partners. No public funding goes towards keeping this program going.
Without WPF and their partners’ efforts, the future of Bicycle Sundays is not guaranteed. Click here to support the Bicycle Sundays Fund and your donation will go towards funding this program in future years.
During Bicycle Sundays, the parkway is open exclusively for bicyclists, in-line skaters, scooters, walkers and joggers from Exit 22 at the Westchester County Center to Exit 4 at Scarsdale Road in Yonkers. The round-trip distance is 13 miles. The road is closed to automobiles in that stretch of parkway. Admission is free. Parking at the County Center lot in White Plains costs $8.
Date: Sunday, June 2 *
Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Location: Westchester County Center [Parking Lot]
(198 Central Ave, White Plains, NY)
* Weather Permitting. Please monitor our social media channels for cancellation alerts
Rules and Regulations:
• ONLY Bicyclists, in-line skaters, scooters, walkers and joggers are allowed; no unauthorized motor vehicles are allowed.
• Walkers, joggers and slower wheeled traffic must use the right lane; faster wheeled traffic must use the left lane.
• New York State law requires helmets for children under age 14, including those riding in bike trailers; helmets are strongly recommended for all wheeled participants.
• New York State law prohibits children under age 1 from riding on bicycles or in a separate seat.
• All headsets are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to music devices and hands-free cell phones.
• No skateboarding allowed.
• No dogs allowed.
• Bicyclists must obey the posted parkway speed limit of 40 m.p.h.
• Children riding in strollers must be strapped in at all times.
• Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
• All participants must be off the parkway by 1:50 p.m.