Extreme Weather Alert!
The weather for the next few days is predicted to be extremely hot with temperatures approaching the triple digits. We want to take this time to ensure all of our customers that we are here for you in the event you have an air conditioning emergency.
We will have extra staff on hand throughout the weekend to attend to any of your air conditioning and cooling needs.
Please also see below some helpful tips to keep you cool throughout this heat wave!
Extreme Weather Helpful Tips:
- Avoid running the dishwasher, laundry, and other appliances. These machines generate heat and humidity that will be hard to overcome. Put these chores off until the evening or the heat has passed.
- Repair/Seal windows and doors. Make sure all windows are closed and locked, and doors tightly closed to prevent cool air from escaping.
- If your AC unit is having trouble keeping up, take a garden hose and cool the unit a few times a day or set up a sprinkler near your unit.
- Keep drapes and blinds closed. Blackout curtains block sunlight, naturally insulating the rooms in which they’re installed.
- Avoid using your oven or stove as much as possible to minimize additional indoor heat. Use an outdoor grill, eat cold meals, or get takeout.
- Set your ceiling fans to run counter-clockwise at a higher speed. The fans airflow will create a “wind-chill breeze” effect that will make you and your family feel cooler.
- Turn on your bathroom, stove top and laundry room vents. These pull the hot, humid air that rises after cooking and showering.
- Unplug all unnecessary appliances or electronics when not in use. Everything you plug into a socket produces heat, turning something off is not enough.
- Have Robison’s service number readily available in case of emergency (914) 345-5700
- Stay indoors, keep cool, and get ready to celebrate the 4th of July!