Quality Installation & Replacement of All Types of Heating Systems & Equipment
When you wish to upgrade your existing heating system or have a brand-new heater installed in your home or business, turn to the team at Robison. For more than 100 years, we have been the trusted choice for top-quality heating and cooling services in Westchester and Putnam Counties.
Our team of highly trained Home Comfort Specialists will help you find the right heating solution for your home, whether that’s upgrading your existing equipment or installing a new, state-of-the-art heater from one of the industry’s leading brands. We offer free consultations and quotes for equipment replacement. Our goal is to help you find the right solution for your home or business.
On This Page:
- When Should You Replace Your Heater?
- How Long Should My Furnace Last?
- We Install All Types of Heating Systems & Equipment
- Why Should I Hire a Professional to Handle My Heating Installation?
- Why Robison
While there are no hard-and-fast rules when it comes to the right time to replace your heater, there are certain signs that your heating system may be well past its prime.
Some of these signs include:
- Lack of heat
- Poor airflow
- No airflow
- Inconsistent heating
- Warm or cool spots
- Unusual noises
- Strange smells
- Visible corrosion
- Higher than normal energy bills
- Poor indoor air quality
- Excess dirt, soot, or debris
Note that these and other issues could indicate a problem that requires replacement, or you could simply need heater repairs. The type of system you have, along with other factors such as its age, affect when you’ll need to consider full system replacement.
You may also want to replace your heating system simply because the benefits outweigh the costs. If you have an older, more outdated heating system, you are not experiencing the benefits of a new, up-to-date model.
Modern heating systems are designed to provide better comfort, more even heating, and far more improved energy efficiency than ever before. In the long run, replacing your old heating system with a new one can save you money by lowering your energy costs and reducing the number of repairs and service visits you’ll need.
Most standard residential furnaces last about 15 to 20 years, but this does not mean that you can always wait this long to replace your existing furnace. Lack of routine maintenance, excessive usage, improper installation, and other factors can all shorten the lifespan of your heating system and significantly affect its performance.
At Robison, our HVAC technicians receive extensive, ongoing training to ensure that they can properly install and replace all types of heating and cooling equipment.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Traditional central heating systems
- Forced-air distribution systems
- Gas and electric furnaces
- Heat pumps
- Air handlers
- Zoned heating systems
- Thermostats, including smart thermostats
- Wood-burning and gas fireplaces
- Geothermal heating and cooling systems
Proper installation is important when it comes to the performance and longevity of your heating system. At Robison, we carefully assess your unique comfort needs, taking into account the size of your space, the layout of your home, and other important factors. We then take the time to explain your options, including which type and size system will work best for your needs, where the heater should be placed for optimal performance, and how you can ensure optimal efficiency with regular heater maintenance.
When it comes to installing a heating system in your home, it's important to hire a professional to handle the job. While it may be tempting to save money by attempting a DIY installation or hiring a less experienced contractor, there are several compelling reasons why investing in a professional heating installation is the way to go.
- Experience and Expertise: First and foremost, a professional heating installer will have the experience and expertise needed to ensure that your heating system is installed correctly and functions safely. Improper installation can lead to a host of issues, including increased energy bills, reduced system efficiency, and even safety hazards such as gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning. By working with a professional, you can rest assured that your heating system is installed according to all relevant codes and regulations, and that it is functioning safely and efficiently.
- High-Quality Equipment and Materials: Another advantage of working with a professional heating installer is the access to high-quality equipment and materials. Professional installers often have relationships with top manufacturers in the industry, and can sometimes obtain higher-quality equipment at better prices than an individual homeowner. This can translate to a more reliable and efficient heating system that will save you money on energy costs over the long term.
- Expert Advice and Guidance: In addition, a professional installer will be able to offer expert advice and guidance when it comes to selecting the right heating system for your home. They will be able to assess your specific needs and budget, and recommend the most appropriate system for your home size and energy requirements. This can save you time and frustration, as you won't have to wade through countless options on your own.
- Quality Workmanship and Customer Service: Finally, a professional heating installation comes with a guarantee of quality workmanship and customer service. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong with your system after installation, a professional installer will be able to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot and resolve any issues. This can give you peace of mind knowing that you have a trusted partner to rely on in the event of any problems.
With Robison by your side, you can ensure that your home is warm and comfortable for years to come.
Since 1921, Robison has been providing residents of Westchester and Putnam Counties with top-quality heating services, including comprehensive system installation and replacement. We handle installations for new construction, as well as replacements of all types of existing heating systems for both residential and commercial spaces.
Our friendly and knowledgeable customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are happy to answer any questions you may have. We provide free estimates, as well as several financing options for new installations. We also offer payment plans and credit terms for qualifying customers.